Purpose of Position:
Under the supervision of the Customer Service Manager, provide professional and prompt in-person and telephone service to our customers; assist customers with emergency calls, service connects/disconnects, new service installation, rates, billing and payment inquiries, collections, process payments, meter validation, and provide information on programs and services offered by the utility; responsible for a continuous flow of information between all departments to coordinate workloads and dispatch crews to job sites; must maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one year customer service and/or cash handling experience preferred. Good understanding of utility CIS with experience AMI and MDM is an asset.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Directly interact with internal and external customers in person and/or by phone providing information regarding account and billing inquiries, process request for service connects/disconnects received in person and online, information about company programs or services, and various customer inquiries while providing professional, prompt customer service;
Process customer payments received in the night drop, mail, over the counter, on the telephone, and in the drive thru; Must maintain, and balance a cash drawer daily;
Resolve customer concerns by identifying the issue and explaining policies and procedures;
Answer telephone and direct customers to the appropriate personnel;
Assist customers in reporting power outages and emergencies, prepare service orders, and dispatch the appropriate crew to the emergency;
Assist in credit and collections; Responsible for contacting customers by phone to collect account balance and/or returned checks, negotiate payment arrangements, process non-payment disconnect and reconnect orders, and work closely with financial assistance agencies; Responsible for the generation, print, and mailing of past due notices, and processing quarterly account write offs.
Audit utility meter reads and prepare general service orders to check for high/low meter reads and alert customers of potential water/electric service issues;
Issue wiring permits and electric licenses to electricians; Must coordinate with the city, county, and/or contractors to ensure the proper permits have been obtained when customers request new service and/or construction;
Respond to billing inquiries and handle high bill complaints; Required to learn and use AMI & DMD metering information systems to provide accurate and up-to-date information.
Investigate and process returned and mail; Responsible for processing daily outgoing mail
Balance and maintain payment kiosk; Responsible for preparing daily bank deposits for payment kiosk, refilling receipt paper, troubleshooting and resolving issues related to the kiosk;
Process automatic ACH and credit card payments;
Professionally respond to customer inquiries received via email in a timely manner;
Process internet billing: Responsible for credit checks on internet customers, connects/disconnects for internet service, and non-pay disconnects;
Assist Billing Coordinator as needed;
Perform other related duties as required or assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with customers in a fast-paced environment while developing positive customer relations, anticipating, and responding to customer needs;
- Must be able to maintain composure in difficult and stressful situations;
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain policies and procedures;
- Must be able to get the job done, exercise sound judgement, inspire & mentor, and take ownership of your work;
- Ability to manage, follow up and track multiple tasks daily;
- Must be able to adapt to change in priorities throughout the day;
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of customer records and information;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and meet critical deadlines;
- Proficient in computer applications including Microsoft Office;
- Ability to work effectively with staff and the public, applying customer service, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Frequent periods of sitting, standing and walking; occasional lifting or moving of freight; agility and dexterity with hands; see with near and far acuity; hearing proficiency.
Normal office environment; some travel may be required.
Must be able to work successfully with diverse groups of people.
Pay starting at $16.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Carthage, MO 64836: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person