It’s quick & easy to establish a new water or electric service with us. First, contact us at least 1 business day in advance to schedule the start of your service. Applicants are required to provide legal ID, lease, or proof of ownership. Stop by our office Monday - Friday, 8a.m. - 5p.m. or fill out the application below to start service with us!
Apply Here for Residential Service
Apply Here for Non-Residential Service
Residential Deposits: A minimum of $200 is required for electric service, and $100 for water service, or two times the average billed usage at the property for service provided, whichever is greater, but not to exceed an amount two times the highest bill.
Security deposits can be waived with a Letter of Credit for the previous consecutive twelve months of service from the customer's previous electric utility company.
Non Residential Deposits: A minimum $500 security deposit or two times the highest bill during the preceding 60 months of active service is required. The payment guarantee may be cash, a surety (utility) bond or irrevocable letter of credit from an approved banking institution.
A security deposit may be required from any of the following customers:
- Residential Customers establishing a new account, unless an adequate credit reference is furnished from the customer's previous utility.
- Commercial and Industrial customers establishing a new account.
- Customers who have been disconnected for nonpayment.
- Customers who have rendered more than one bad check.
- Customers who have paid late two times during the previous consecutive twelve (12) months of service with
- Customers who have, in an unauthorized manner, interfered with or diverted the service of the utility.
- Customers who left CWEP with a past due balance resulting in a written off account and returns to re-establish service with CWEP.
View our Deposit Policy Here!